Amazon Advertising: Announcing a Single Unified Brand
Amazon is a company built on being a culture of developers and pioneers in every industry. Up until this point, Amazon has worked to build a portfolio of impressive advertising platforms to meet their various vendors advertising needs, all while helping the customer discover new brands and products.
They started this business developing products for specific advertiser sets, such as cost-per-click ads for Amazon sellers and e-commerce-enabled display ads for Amazon vendors. Amazon’s advertising team has worked secretly over the past few months to build out their products and toolsets, and today, they work with a wide range of advertisers who use multiple products within our suite to grow their business as part of an e-commerce marketing strategy. From feedback from advertisers and agencies like us, Amazon realized that at the rate they’ve scaled the advertising platform they have also created a more complex than necessary system. In a quest to create a better experience for their advertisers, Amazon has rolled out its new, unified brand.
Reintroducing the Advertising Brand
Amazon is excited to announce that from now on they are simply Amazon Advertising. With this, they are retiring the names Amazon Media Group (AMG), Amazon Marketing Services (AMS), and Amazon Advertising Platform (AAP). You’ll see this change online and in simplified product names that reflect this unified brand and the direction of the business.
Changes will not happen all at once; you’ll see our legacy brand names—AMG, AMS, and AAP—being phased out over the next several months.
Simplified product portfolio
They have also simplified names across our portfolio to more clearly align with product functionality.
A few weeks ago, Amazon announced the expansion of Headline Search Ads to make it even easier for customers to discover brands and products throughout search results. To better reflect this feature set, they’ve changed the name of Headline Search Ads to Sponsored Brands.
They’ve also renamed Amazon Advertising Platform to the Amazon DSP to more accurately represent the capabilities of this programmatic ad buying tool.
While some of the names are changing, how advertisers have been using the products and tools, and how advertisers work with Amazon Advertising, is not.
Amazon Advertising encompasses Amazon’s full product portfolio:
- Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands allow advertisers to promote their products or brand to make it even easier for customers to discover and purchase products on Amazon.
- Display ads reach relevant audiences on Amazon and third-party sites and apps using customizable brand or e-commerce creatives, and actionable insights to help advertisers optimize ads to achieve various objectives. Product Display Ads are also available for advertisers who sell products on Amazon to drive traffic to their product detail pages.
- Video ads help advertisers tell their brand story and engage customers in brand-safe environments via trusted channels like Amazon and IMDb, on exclusive Amazon devices such as Fire TV or Fire tablet, and across third-party sites and apps.
- Stores allow vendors and sellers to create their own website, with its own branded URL, on Amazon. Vendors and sellers can use a Store to showcase a brand story and product portfolio in a curated customer destination.
- Measurement solutions, including campaign reporting, retail insights, and third-party reporting, help businesses understand advertising’s impact on shopper behavior—whether they run on Amazon or on third-party sites and apps—so they can optimize marketing strategies to achieve results.
- Amazon DSP is a demand-side platform that allows advertisers to programmatically reach their audiences both on Amazon sites and apps as well as through our direct publisher relationships and third-party exchanges. Advertisers can manage, optimize, and report on their programmatic display and video campaigns through the Amazon DSP console.
If you have additional questions about Amazon Advertising, or how Marketplace Strategy can help you, please fill out our contact us form found here.